We Are Taking Precautions to Keep Our Bank and Your Business Safe, and Have Tips for You to Stay Protected
Digitization has left loopholes for cybercriminals to attack all of us. With companies already losing millions of dollars to cybercriminals, we see an urgent need to keep you informed with our cybersecurity measures and the best tips for you to keep your business safe.
Cyber attackers are working around the clock to try to attack systems, computers, emails, bank accounts and every other element that could be compromised. Our Risk Team is dedicated to maintaining processes throughout our team that keep the bank – and your money – safe from fraudulent activity.
Here are some tips for you to keep your business safe:
- Use an email spam filter
- Use multifactor authentication (MFA) for your email and other systems
- Update your security software regularly
- Back up your data
- Don't click on links or attachments
- Block unreliable websites
- Stay alert to any abnormal signs within your systems
- Our Risk Team is Committed to Security
There are three elements that our Risk Team focuses on: customer confidentiality, availability of financial systems and the integrity of the bank to ensure we continue to operate in a safe and sound manner.
This includes cyber security, data protection, computers and mobile devices, information app privacy and overall access.
Here are some current cyber attack statistics:
- There is a 238% rise in cyber attacks and fraud attempts this year
- Only 80% of companies know they're getting attacked
- There is a 148% rise in ransomware attacks
- There is a 60% rise in phishing attempts
Watch Our Cybersecurity Webinar to Learn How We're Protecting the Bank's Assets and What More You Can Do To Protect Your Business