Commercial Bank of California (CBC) is proud to be co-sponsoring the June 20, 2019 CPE/MCLE Seminar “Troubled Trusts and Fiduciary Failings: What to Avoid and How to Handle the Unavoidable” with Clark & Trevithick and ADP. CBC’s very own Tom McCullough will be one of the speakers, alongside Robert F. DeMeter, Dean I. Friedman and Tiffany A. Halimi of Clark & Trevithick.
This exciting seminar will discuss topics including:
- Reasonableness of trustee’s fees, the economic burden of litigation costs and remedies, trustee removal, resignation and court-approved appointments.
- Fiduciary duties and duty breaches, conflicts of interest, discretionary distributions, lack of investment diversification and sufficiency of accountings.
- Disputes between beneficiaries and trustees, co-trustees and/or successor fiduciary nominees, trustees and their professional advisors.
- Collection and possession of trust assets, formal probate administration, Heggstad petitions, title perfection and insurance.
- Trust decanting, choice of venue, jurisdiction and applicable law.
- Trust terminations and disputes over non-pro rata residuary distributions, reserves, liquidations.
- Elder law matters, EADACPA, conservatorships and capacity determinations of trustors, trustees and beneficiaries.
The seminar will be held on Thursday, June 20, 2019 at the Airtel Plaza Hotel in Van Nuys, California. Check in begins at 7:30am.
Register today to ensure your spot! https://www.eventbrite.com/e/troubled-trusts-and-fiduciary-failings-what-to-avoid-and-how-to-handle-the-unavoidable-tickets-60142012378
CBC is committed to providing educational resources of value to the business community, so watch for upcoming events and opportunities.